RV-8 10E SUPER PNP
Everyone wants more power and more flight time for their 10-class aircraft, but performance enhancements have always been limited by the power system and the 3S (11.1V) Li-Po’s they typically use. Going back to the drawing board, the Flex Innovations Team started over with a new idea: to use a totally redesigned power system, with a small, lightweight and inexpensive 6S (22.2V) Li-Po to totally revolutionize the performance of 10-class aircraft. What does this mean for you? No more dreaming, you really do get it all! More Power. More Flight Time. And most importantly; More Fun!
The RV-8 10E is based on the famous experimental aircraft, the Van’s Aircraft RV-8. Like its bigger brother, the RV-8 60E, the RV-8 10E has one of the widest flight envelopes of any aircraft. The RV-8 10E can cruise with the flaps down, or crank it up a notch with 3D aerobatics, offering expert and newer pilots alike something to enjoy. Designed by Quique Somenzini, the RV-8 10E is an aircraft that tracks well, maneuvers on a dime, and has incredibly friendly handling.
The Aura 8 Advanced Flight Control System (AFCS) is installed in the RV-8 10E with no additional programming required. The Aura 8 AFCS is a highly refined 3-axis gyro that makes the aircraft fly like its bigger and flying in less wind. Due to its advanced implementation, it is unobtrusive, feeling like there is nothing in the way of the pilot!
An incredible airframe designed by Quique Somenzini, coupled with the Aura 8 Advanced Flight Control System creates an experience that is not available anywhere else! From incredibly slow, flaps down cruising, to 3D maneuvers and faster sport and precision aerobatic flying, the RV-8 10E is a stunner that is sure to please everyone.
- Light wing loading, with large control surfaces for an incredibly wide flight envelope and the ultimate in performance
- New 6S (22.2V) Li-Po power system for more power and more flight time
- Designed by World Champion, Quique Somenzini
- Aura 8 Advanced Flight Control System enhances the flight without ever feeling intrusive. Its more than a gyro!
- Optional Night Version includes internally-mounted LED’s in the wings, fuselage and stabilizers to illuminate the aircraft from the inside
- Live-wing couples the flaps and ailerons for roll control, increasing the RV-8’s maneuverability
- Scale navigation and landing lights installed (both Day & Night Versions)
- 6061-T6 aluminum landing gear
- Flex 12 x 5E light weight, wood propeller provides excellent thrust and fast throttle response
- Two-piece wing with removable horizontal stabilizers for easy transportation and field assembly
- Aileron and flap servos connect to the fuselage with a single connection per wing
- Huge, quick-release top hatch for easy battery and equipment access
- Traditional-style hinges offer free movement and great reliability over other hinging methods
- Innovative ply-wood sub-frame and hollow EPO construction provides a light weight, while remaining stiff
- Six DS-15 servos installed, with elevator and rudder servos mounted in the tail for precise control
- Float-ready airframe for easy addition of floats
- Unpainted Pilot figure included for easy user customization
- Vortex generators for enhanced low speed control
- Removable pilot allows for customization or easy replacement
- Potenza 20-3D 600Kv motor is optimized for 6S (22.2V) Li-Pos
- ZTW 50A ESC with 5.5V 8A BEC installed
- Ball linkages utilized for secure and precise control
- Custom control horns for optimized throw and precision
- Simple field assembly with a single thumb screw for each wing panel.
- Factory applied trim scheme